BROWNIE BON BONS
- Ingredients For Mini Brownie
- 2 cups evaporated cane juice organic sugar or white sugar
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Bordeaux maraschino cherry juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Ingredients For Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 jars (13.5oz. each) Bordeaux Maraschino Cherries, reserve 2 teaspoons of juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. confection setting.
Spray 2 (1 3/4 x 1 inch each) mini muffin pans with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
In a standing mixer, beat sugar, butter, vanilla and maraschino juice until light and fluffy. (approx. 10 min.) Scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
Next beat in eggs scraping down sides of mixing bowl if needed.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and cocoa; whisk.
Slowly stir in flour/cocoa mixture to creamed mixture.
Fill each greased muffin cup approx. 2/3 full with batter.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. (Do not over bake.)
Remove brownies from oven and let cool slightly in muffin pans; loosen edges of brownies with a knife. Remove brownies from pan and put onto a cooling rack. Make a 1/2 inch indention in the center of each brownie while they’re still warm. Let cool completely.
Time to make the ganache: In a heavy duty sauce pan, heat heavy cream over medium heat until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat and add semi-sweet chocolate chips; stirring continually until chips have melted. Stir in vanilla. Allow the ganache to slightly cool before filling brownies. (Approx. 5-8 minutes)
While ganache is cooling, remove cherries from jar. Place cherries on a paper towel to dry. Remove stems from cherries.
Once ganache has cooled, fill each brownie with ganache. Gently place a cherry in the middle of ganache filling. Don’t worry if ganache drizzles off the sides. It will set up when it cools completely.
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Drizzle white chocolate over the tops of each brownie. Let chocolate set, serve or package up for gifts. Store at room temp