Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
Tried & True
- 1/2 stick butter
- 28 ounce can peaches (un-drained)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk (see directions)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
(1) Melt 1/2 stick butter in 13x9-inch metal baking pan.
(2) In heavy saucepan, combine 1-28 ounce can peaches (un-drained), 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
(3) in small bowl, combine 3/4 cup water & 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch and add to peach mixture. Return to boil.
(4) In mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour, 2 teaspoons vanilla and enough milk to make a thin batter. (a little thinner than a pancake batter).
(5) Pour hot peaches into pan with melted butter, and pour batter all over peach mixture. Top with cinnamon/sugar mixture, (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon) and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.