Nutty Berry Oatmeal Bars
Based on this recipe: http://news.health.com/2015/01/30/the-oatmeal-cranberry-almond-bars-that-work-for-breakfast-a-snack-or-dessert/
- 2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 7/8 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 cup Flax Seed, finely ground
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Corn, or Safflower)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Currants
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from ttp
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Spread batter in prepared baking pan, cover with plastic film and press firmly, to a uniform flat layer. Bake for approximately 40 - 45 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through and lightly browned on top.
4. Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting. Cut into 18 to 24 pieces, depending on your preference.