Bacon Cheddar Puffs
This recipe makes it possible for you to create your very own savory appetizer bites that are filled with notes from smoky bacon and zesty Cheddar. With Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, you will be pleased with how gorgeous these puffs will come out once they’re baked to golden perfection. Consider doubling the recipe because these little mouthfuls get scooped up pretty quickly.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Sargento Fine Shredded Sharp or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from sargento.com
Combine milk and butter in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is simmering. Add flour all at once; continue to cook, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
Beat in 1 egg until mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining eggs, adding just 1 egg at a time, beating until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop heaping teaspoons of mixture onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Peach Cobbler Muffins 4.7/5 (55 Votes)
- IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Bacon Hasselback Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Debbie's Fresh Apple Cake 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Individual 7-Layer Dips 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe 4.4/5 (73 Votes)