SHRIMP SCAMPI (RED LOBSTER)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped...
- 1 1/2 cups white wine, I use chardonnay
- 1/2 fresh lemon, Juice only
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
2 Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
3 Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown - it will make it bitter.
4 Add white wine, and lemon juice.
5 Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning.
6 Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
7 Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8 Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese