Carrots With Ginger
- 2 pounds carrots peeled, cut
- into 1/4"-thick rounds
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place carrots, orange juice, butter, sugar and ginger in large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to boil; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and simmer until liquid glazes carrots, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This recipe yields 6 servings.