Cajun Rib-Eye Steak
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper plus
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 beef rib-eye steaks - (16 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat. Spoon half of sliced onion evenly over steaks. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove steaks from marinade. Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon spice mixture. Grill or broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cut each steak in half. Divide steaks among plates; serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.