Chocolate and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 slices of whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) container strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside. Place 1 tablespoon of ricotta in the center of 4 pieces of bread and spread around slightly. Top with 6 slices of strawberries and a teaspoon of chocolate chips. Cover each with another piece of bread to make a sandwich.
Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and preheat. Carefully dip each of the "sandwiches" into the egg mixture until completely moistened. Then place on the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the outside is golden brown and the center is warm and chocolate is melted.
Top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.