Baked Sea Bass With Walnut-Breadcrumb Crust, Lemon-Dill Sauce
- 4 sea bass fillets - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from
- crustless French bread
- 3/4 cup walnuts - (abt 3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1/4 stick) melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese - (3/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Lemon-Dill Sauce (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan. Arrange fillets in prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix breadcrumbs and walnuts in processor. Using on/off turns, process until nuts are finely chopped. Transfer to bowl. Mix in butter, horseradish and mustard. Stir in cheese and parsley.
Gently press crumb mixture onto fillets. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each. Bake until fillets are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Broil fish until crust is golden, watching closely to avoid burning, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plates. Serve fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.