PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken, ground or cut into very small pieces
- 1 t. cornstarch
- 2 t. dry sherry
- 2 t. soy sauce
- 2 t. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 t. oil and 3 T. oil, divided
- 2 T. oil
- 1 t. fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can bamboo shoots, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 T. hoisin sauce
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. dry sherry
- 2 T. oyster sauce
- 1 T. water
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 2 t. cornstarch
- Lettuce "cups" leaves; Bibb lettuce or iceberg work well, but any type will do.
1. Combine all cooking sauce ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine all meat ingredients except the 3 T. oil.
3. Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 T. oil, then add chicken and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
4. Add 2 T. oil to pan. Add ginger, garlic, and onion; stir fry about a minute, then add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts; stir-fry an additional 2 minutes.
5. Return chicken to pan with vegetables, and add cooking sauce. Cook until thickened and hot.
6. For individual portions, place lettuce leaf on plate, put a spoonful of chicken mixture on it, then wrap up and enjoy.