Paula Deen's Gooey Toffee Butter Cake
- 1 box yellow cake
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup almond toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan.
Cake: Combine cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Dump in powdered sugar and beat well. Fold in toffee bits.
Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Center may be a little gooey.