Calzones - Italian Stuffed Calzone
- 2 pkgs refrigerated french bread dough, divided
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 c pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1 can (8oz) pizza sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 T evoo
- 1/4 c grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced romaine lettuce. tomatoe wedges and Italian dressing
Preheat oven to 400. Unroll one pkg of bread dough onto large round stone; roll and stretch to edge of stone. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1" of edge.
In bowl, combine bell pepper, olives, onion, pizza sauce, seasoning mix and garlic. Mix well. Add cooked sausage and mix well. Spoon meat mixture over cheese evenly. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling by matching top edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim excess dough from corners, forming an even edge. Roll and crimp edges to seal.
Drizzle oil over dough; spread evenly. If desired, sprinkle parmesan cheese over dough. Make 3 crisscross cuts about 6" long across center of dough to vent. Bake 18-20 minutes or til deep golden brown.
Cut into wedges to serve