Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
Rhubarb gives a this cobbler a crisp, tart crunch to complement sweet strawberries, making it a dessert that stands out on the pot luck table.
- 1 1/3cups1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3cup1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4cups4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed, sliced (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2cups2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3cup2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3cup1/3 cup warm water
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon sugar
- FOR SERVING:
- Vanilla ice cream (Optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease an 11- by 7-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Dot with butter. Set aside.
For crust, in a bowl, mix flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk oil and water; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until a dough is formed (dough will be sticky).
Roll dough between two pieces of waxed paper into an 11- by 7-inch rectangle. Remove top piece of waxed paper; invert rectangle over filling. Gently peel off waxed paper. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with ice cream.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Zoodles w/Fresh Pesto 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- APPLE PULL APART BREAD (GLUTEN... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Beet Chips aka Rose Petal Chips 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Giant Frico with Spicy... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Crab Cakes with Lemon Aioli 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Pecan Salad With Feta... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Apple/Strawberry Rhubarb... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- The Muffin Lady's Famous Rhubarb... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)