Zucchini And Rosemary Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 cups chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 russet potato peeled, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini cut 1/2" cubes
- Chopped green onions
Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and rosemary. Add stock and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add sliced zucchini; simmer until tender about 15 minutes. Working in batches, puree in blender. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook cubed zucchini in saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Drain. Rewarm soup over medium heat. Ladle into bowls. Top with zucchini and croutons. Sprinkle with green onions.
This recipe yields 8 servings.