Ricotta, Arugala and Fried Egg Sandwich
- 4 (2-ounce) slices whole-wheat country bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
3. Combine arugula, 2 teaspoons oil, juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently.
4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook an additional 2 minutes or until whites are set. Remove from heat.
5. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and thyme; spread over bread slices. Divide salad and eggs evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper