Crescent Topped Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups carrot strips (1 1/2x1/4x1/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans or Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup thin red bell pepper strips (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso® Chicken Broth (from 32-oz. carton)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add carrots, green beans, bell pepper and onions; cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2-quart oval casserole or 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
3. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Starting at short side of triangle, roll each triangle up halfway. Arrange over hot chicken mixture with tips toward center. DO NOT OVERLAP. Brush crescent rolls with egg white; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown.