- 1 beef brisket, trimmed (about 6 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 pounds fresh whole baby carrots, green tops removed
- (potatoes cut small & peeled would also be good to serve with this)
Heat the oven to 350°F. Season the beef with the black pepper. Stir the soup mix, water and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl.
Place the beef into a 6-quart ovenproof saucepot. Top with the onion.
Bake for 15 minutes. Add the carrots to the saucepot. Pour the soup mixture over all. Cover the saucepot.
Bake for 2 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Serve the gravy and carrots with the beef.
(potatoes cut small & peeled would also be good to serve with this)