Sticky Chinese Chicken
- 1 cup Finely crushed garlic and onion flavored croutons
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
1. In a large bowl, whisk crouton crumbs and cornstarch. Stir in soy sauce. Add chicken and toss until completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (This helps the crumbs to stick better to the chicken).
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, covered, for 20 minutes until nice and crispy and cooked through. Turn about 4-5 times during cooking to avoid burning. Drain on paper towels.
3. Serve immediately with additional soy sauce, chopped scallions, cooked rice and steamed sugar snap peas, if desired