Warm Asparagus And Prosciutto Salad
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets chopped
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package mixed baby greens - (5 oz) about 10 cups
- Farinata Wedges (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place prosciutto slices in single layer on parchment. Bake until crisp, about 18 minutes. Cool. Break prosciutto into bite-size pieces.
Meanwhile, cook asparagus in heavy large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer asparagus to bowl filled with ice water to cool. Drain thoroughly.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped anchovies and garlic and sauté until garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Add asparagus and prosciutto and sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add fresh lemon juice and remaining 1/2 cup olive oil and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide greens among 6 plates. Top with asparagus mixture, dividing equally. Pour dressing from skillet over each serving. Serve warm with Farinata Wedges.
This recipe yields 6 servings.