- 1 recipe Horseshoe Cheese-Beer Sauce (see recipe below)
- 8 slices bread, toasted (choose from whole wheat, white, or rye)
- 8 -12 ounces sliced cooked ham
- Hot french fries (optional)
- Horseshoe Cheese-Beer Sauce
- 3 cups shredded processed American or American cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash ground red pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beer
Adapted from Midwestliving.com
On preheated dinner plates, arrange 2 toast slices each. Top toast with ham slices. Pour a generous amount of Horseshoe Cheese-Beer Sauce over ham.
Encircle each sandwich with hot french fries, if you like. Sprinkle paprika over sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Cheese Sauce Directions:
In a saucepan, melt together cheese and butter or margarine over low heat. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and ground red pepper. Beat together egg yolks and beer. Add the yolk mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble around the edges. Makes 2 cups.