Veal With Gorgonzola And Sweet-And-Sour Red Cabbage
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 cup beef stock or canned beef broth
- 6 tablespoons olive oil - (about)
- 2 1/2 pounds veal cutlets, 1/4" thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Sweet-and-Sour Red Cabbage (see recipe)
Boil both stocks in medium saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, dredge veal in flour, shaking off excess. Sauté veal until brown and cooked through, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
Add wine to same skillet and boil over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half, scraping up any browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add stock mixture and boil until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add cream and Gorgonzola; simmer until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer veal to platter and spoon sauce over. Serve with Sweet-and-Sour Red Cabbage.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (171 Votes)
- Zero Point Weight Watchers Cabbage... 4.4/5 (164 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)