Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces (about 1 inch cubes). Season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
2. Add the broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, then add the chicken and 1 cup of cheese to the skillet. Stir until smooth and creamy. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and broil in the over until golden brown and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!