Pan Seared Fish with Bacon Gravy & Spinach Rice
This is the complete meal that I saw on Flip My Food. The written recipe online is a little different from what he did on the show. This is my version of what he did on the show. Usually I just pan fry the fish without making the gravy or the rice side dish just due to time. We like to use redfish. The rice is a great side dish to other meals as well. Read the directions ahead of time because there are 2 pans cooking at the same time.
- Spinach Rice:
- 4 Fillets of redfish, red snapper, or other fish you like
- Tony Chachere's, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 4 TB olive oil
- 8 slices thick center cut bacon or 6 slices thick regular cut bacon, chopped
- 3 TB flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TB butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Tony Chachere's & pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Season fish with Tony Chachere's & pepper. Put flour in a shallow dish. Dredge fish in flour. Add 2 TB oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets & cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish & place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fish. Bake fish for 8-10 minutes.
While fish is pan frying, spray a medium pan with cooking spray & add chopped bacon. Cook until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel. Whisk in 3 TB flour to bacon grease. Once it starts to brown, whisk in chicken stock. Once it's thick enough, whisk in milk. Season with Tony Chachere's & pepper.
While fish is in the oven, melt butter in the same pan used for the fish. Add onions & garlic. Cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add spinach & cook until wilted down. Stir in rice & season with Tony Chachere's & pepper.
Serve bacon gravy over fish.
You'll also love
- French-Style Pork Chops with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- DUTCH APPLE PIE MUFFINS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sous Vide Chile-Tomato Infused... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Brown Rice with Pork and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ellie Krieger's Creamy Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan-Baked Haddock with Spring... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Egyptian Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Maria 0/5 (0 Votes)