Savory Stuffing with Mushrooms, Onions & Walnuts
Sweet and savory dressing with onions, mushrooms, apples and Craisins is great for stuffing the bird on Thanksgiving, or a great side dish prepared in a casserole.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces onion rolls, approximately 3 quarts cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cupe chopped onion
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- 1 (8-ounce) cartons sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a large sauté pan and add onions, mushrooms, celery and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated and vegetables are softened.
Toss sautéed vegetables with bread cubes, fresh sage and walnuts. Combine eggs, chicken broth and remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture and combine thoroughly.
Place stuffing in 2 medium or 1 large greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown top.
Note: Stuffing may be prepared and assembled up to 3 days before serving and refrigerate until ready to bake. Allow approximately 10 additional minutes of (covered) baking time.
You'll also love
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chow Fun with Roast Pork and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Broth 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Wasabi Edamame "Hummus" 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oyster Mushrooms with Marinated... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Fresh Pickle Relish 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime... 3.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Warm Camembert with Wild Mushroom... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)