Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Lime Tahini and Crunchy Guacamole
- For the Black Bean Burgers:
- 1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 large jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Canola oil
- 4-6 buns
- For the Chipotle Lime Tahini:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 chile peppers in adobo sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- For the Crunchy Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from hostthetoast.com
1.In a large bowl, combine the black beans with the 2 tablespoons of tahini. Using a fork, mash up about ⅔ of the beans.
2.Gently mix in the jalapeno, onion, garlic, and spices. Fold in the panko bread crumbs until well combined, but remember, you don't want to mush up the in-tact beans!
3.The mixture should come together now, so form it into 4-6 medium-sized patties and make sure they're tightly packed together.
4.Place the patties on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for an hour to help them hold together.
5.As you wait for the patties to be ready, make the tahini by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6.To make the guacamole, mash the avocados and cover with the juice of 1 lime. Then, mix in the pepitas and salt.
7.When the patties are almost ready, a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
8.Once the oil is hot, add 2-3 burgers to the skillet, making sure there is plenty of room to flip them. Cook for 5-8 minutes per side (the thicker your patties, the longer they'll need to cook). Flip carefully and cook for another 5-8 minutes on the other side, until brown and cooked through.
9.Serve the burgers with lettuce, tomato, the Crunchy Guacamole, and the Chipotle Lime Tahini!
You'll also love
- Roast Purple Potatoes With Aioli,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato and Peach Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Penne with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Roast Quails with Lentils &... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cuban Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Foil Wrapped Salmon with Herbs and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey-Lemon Glazed Turkey Meatballs 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chili-Lime Chicken and Sweet... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)