Cherry Jam-Filled Sour Cream Donuts
Cherry filled donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar are perfect for a weekend brunch. Feel free to try other fillings--lemon curd, raspberry jam and more! Perfect for feeding a crowd at any breakfast or brunch party, or even during the holidays, especially Christmas or Hanukkah.
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (7 gram) package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup milk, lukewarm
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- cherry jam for filling (or flavor of your choice)
- powdered sugar to garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and milk together and let sit for about 15 minutes until yeast has dissolved.
In the bowl of mixer add the flour, salt and mix. To the bowl add the yeast mixture, egg, sour cream and butter. Mix with the paddle attachment for a couple minutes until well incorporated. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with towel and let it rest until it doubles in size.
Roll out the dough, on a floured surface, and cut out rounds using a glass or a 2 inch cookie cutter.
In a frying pan heat the oil and turn the heat down to medium. Fry the donuts and let cool on a wire rack.
Cut out slits into the side of each donut and fill with a tsp of cherry jam.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Baked Nachos 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegan Agave Cornbread Muffins 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Vanilla Tapioca Pudding 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sicilian Love Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Traditional Eggnog Recipe 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Grandma Mae's Almond Spritz Cookies 4.5/5 (22 Votes)