Smoked Salmon Croquettes
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 ounces thinly-sliced smoked salmon chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten to blend
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- Peanut oil for deep-frying
- Lemon wedges
Blend cream cheese and smoked salmon in processor until almost smooth, with small salmon bits remaining. Mix in dill, white pepper and hot pepper sauce. Drop salmon mixture by generous tablespoonfuls onto large baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Place flour in small bowl. Dip 1 mound of salmon mixture into flour, coating completely (shake off excess). Using hands, roll mixture into ball. Dip ball into beaten egg, then breadcrumbs, coating completely. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining salmon mixture, flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Cover and refrigerate croquettes until cold, about 20 minutes.
Add enough peanut oil to heavy large saucepan to reach depth of 3 inches. Heat to 350 degrees. Working in batches, fry croquettes until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer croquettes to paper towels; drain. Serve warm with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields about 2 dozen.
You'll also love
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Fish Wrap In Kemiri Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)