Sesame-Scallop Salad With Ginger Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 16 large sea scallops
- 2 large eggs beaten to blend
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 1/2 packages mixed baby greens - (5 oz ea)
- 2 red bell peppers cut matchstick-size
- Ginger Vinaigrette (see recipe)
Combine 1/2 cup flour and sesame seeds in small bowl. Lightly dust scallops with remaining 1/4 cup flour. Dip each scallop into beaten eggs, then dredge in sesame seed-flour mixture; shake off excess.
Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat. Add 8 scallops to each skillet and sauté until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to paper towels and drain.
Toss greens and red peppers with enough Ginger Vinaigrette to coat. Mound salad in center of 4 plates. Arrange 4 scallops around each salad and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.