Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 2 cups toasted walnut halves
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Adapted from saveur.com
. Working over a large bowl, shave brussels sprouts into very thin slices on a mandoline, starting from each sprout's top while holding it between thumb and forefinger by its stem. Discard stems.
2. Add walnuts, pecorino, olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper to taste. Depending on the saltiness of the cheese, season lightly with salt to taste.
3. Toss with a spoon until just combined and divide salad between 4 bowls or small plates. Using a peeler, shave more pecorino over the top; drizzle with more olive oil and add more pepper to taste.