Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 9-ounce packages cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
You'll also love
- Apricot Glazed Corned Beef 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Lamb Kebabs with Rosemary... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheese Sticks 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Buckwheat Pasta with Wild... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pina Colada Zucchini Bread 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Basil Chicken over Angel Hair 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Destin Linguine 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Chiffon Pies 4.8/5 (5 Votes)