Pecan-Crusted Fluffy Sweet Potatoes
- PECAN CRUST:
- 3 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato pieces (or 1 can (40-oz) sweet potatoes, drained)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
Whipped Potatoes: Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat the sweet potatoes, egg whites and flour just until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie plate and bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Pecan Crust: Place brown sugar and butter in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat on high power for about 20 seconds, until melted. Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and top with the pecans. Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the pecans. Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Risotto With Baby Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sides - Eggplant Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Kisses or Potato Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Sweet Potatoes with Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caribbean Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)