This dip is truly different and delicious. No one can guess what is in it. People have actually licked the bowl!
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 large shallot
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups crème fraiche
- 1/4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the pistachios on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast for 8 minutes. Let cool. Transfer the pistachios to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl soak the shallot in the vinegar for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and garlic. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until thickened.
3. Drain the shallots and stir them into the mayonnaise along with the crème frache and parsley. Stir in the ground pistachios and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the dip into small bowls and serve with crudités such as thinly sliced black radishes or endive.