Oven Baked Chicken Risotto
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen (and thawed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked and cubed pancetta (or crumbled bacon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Preheat oven to 425º F.
In a large Dutch oven or oven-proof pot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Stir in arborio rice and cook for another 2 minutes, or until toasted (but not burned.)
Mix in white wine and cook until almost evaporated, then pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Place Dutch oven in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until liquid is mostly evaporated.
Stir in chicken, peas, pancetta (or bacon) and parmesan cheese, and mix together.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve hot.