Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- BREAD PUDDING:
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 can pure pumpkin (15 ounce)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar - (packed) plus
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups egg bread in 1/2" cubes - (abt 10 oz)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar for sifting
For Bread Pudding: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk half-and-half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in golden raisins. Transfer mixture to 11- by 7-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Caramel Sauce: Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding. Serve warm with caramel sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Do as the restaurant does, and serve this with sweetened whipped cream.