Peanut Butter Mousse Cake
- 1 package chocolate wafer cookies - (9 oz)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1 1/4 sticks) melted
- 1 jar creamy peanut butter- (18 oz)
- 2 packages cream cheese - (8 oz ea) room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Blend cookies, sugar and cinnamon in processor to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and blend well using on/off turns. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Bake until crust starts to puff and darkens slightly, about 15 minutes. Cool.
For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese in large bowl to blend. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Using clean dry beaters, beat 2 cups whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into peanut butter mixture in 4 additions. Spoon filling into prepared crust.
For Topping: Combine 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar and espresso powder in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until espresso powder and sugar dissolve and mixture comes to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool topping 5 minutes. Spread topping evenly over filling. Refrigerate cake until cold, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover cake and keep refrigerated.) Serve cake chilled.
This recipe yields 16 servings.