Orange Roughy With Tomato-Cilantro Salsa
- FOR SALSA:
- 2 2/3 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes - (abt 8)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro - (abt 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies see * Note
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- FOR FISH:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 orange roughy fillets, 3/4" thk (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- FOR HARICOTS VERTS:
- 1 pound haricots verts trimmed (or other slender green beans)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Additional olive oil
* Note: Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
For Salsa: Toss all ingredients in large bowl to combine. Cover and refrigerate. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Keep chilled.)
For Fish: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place flour in shallow baking dish. Coat fish with flour. Working in batches, sauté fish until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using spatula, transfer fish to baking sheet. Bake fish until opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook haricots verts in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Transfer to ice water to cool; drain. Season to taste with lemon juice and olive oil.
Divide haricots verts equally among plates. Top with fish fillet and salsa.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
The restaurant uses tilapia for this dish; we substituted the easier-to-find orange roughy.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)