White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/4 ” slices and dried in oven
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces heavy cream (just under 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate shavings (to garnish)
Dry out bread in oven in 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a casserole dish large enough to hold the bread and egg mixture with non-stick vegetable spray.
Being careful not to burn the mixture, heat cream & add chocolate in a double boiler. Stir until melted and remove from the heat.
Also in a double boiler, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla and heat until till just warm. Pour this into white chocolate mixture and blend. Place the bread in the baking dish & pour half the cream mixture over the bread. Let it absorb for a few minutes & pour remaining cream mixture over the pudding.
Cover with foil & bake for 1 hour.