Triple Egg Custard With Minced Pork
- 4 ounces boneless pork minced
- 1 thousand-year old egg coarsely chopped
- 1 salted duck egg, yolk only smashed with cleaver
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Scatter the pork, thousand-year egg and duck egg yolk over the bottom on a heat-proof glass pie dish.
Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add water, salt and white pepper and stir just to blend (the custard should not be foamy). Pour the custard over the ingredients in the pie dish.
Prepare a wok for steaming. Set the pie dish into the steamer basket, cover the wok and steam over low heat until a knife inserted into the center of the custard is removed clean, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir the soy sauce, sesame oil and green onions together in a small bowl. Spoon the dressing over the custard and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.