Tomato Beef III
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3/4 pound flank or tri-tip steak sliced thinly
- across the grain
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster-flavoured sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- FOR THE DISH:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 1 celery stalk trimmed, and sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut 1/2" dice
- 1/2 cup quartered button mushroom
- 1 tomato cut into 8 wedges
- Hot steamed rice or noodles for serving
Marinate the beef: Stir the cornstarch, oyster-flavored sauce, soy sauce, whiskey and garlic together in a bowl until blended. Add the flank steak and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
For the Sauce: Stir the ketchup, rice wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sugar together in a bowl.
For the Dish: Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the beef and stir-fry until no longer pink, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Scoop the beef from the wok and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat the sides. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the sauce and tomato. Bring to a boil and return the beef to the wok. Cook until the meat is coated with the sauce and heated through, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Tofu Puffs With Long Beans And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Rice Salad With Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tea-Smoked Pork And Cabbage Stir... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tamarind-Braised Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Fish With Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Beef Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Beef II 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)