Stir-Fry Soybean Sprouts With Bean Thread Noodles
- FOR THE DISH:
- 1/4 cup Sichuan pickled vegetables rinsed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 package dried bean thread noodles - (2 oz)
- 2 dried wood ear mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 green onions trimmed, and cut into 2" lengths
- 1 cup soy bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup carrot in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Stir the pickled vegetables, stock, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
For the Dish: Pour enough warm water over the bean thread noodles in a medium bowl to cover them completely. Soak until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain. Lay the noodles out on a cutting board and cut into 4-inch lengths.
While the noodles are soaking, pour enough warm water over the wood ears in a small bowl to cover them completely. Soak until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and cut into thin strips.
Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add the green onions, soy bean sprouts, wood ears and carrot and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the seasoning ingredients and bring to boil. Stir in the noodles. Cook stirring for another minute or until carrot is tender-crisp. Scoop onto a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Singapore Fish Head Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shang Dong Stir-Fry Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parchment-Baked Squab With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Geoduck Winter Melon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Pasta And Pink Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Cakes With Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Eyed Pea And Sausage Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)