Stir-Fried Vegetables With Chinese Sausage And Bacon
- FOR THE DISH:
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Chinese sausage - (abt 2 oz) thinly sliced
- on the bias
- 4 slices Chinese or smoked bacon cut crosswise
- into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 medium lotus root halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/4" - (abt 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced Chinese celery in 2" lengths (or regular celery stalks)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced Chinese okra
- 3 baby bok choy quartered
- 1/2 cup drained canned straw mushroom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons water
Stir the stock, soy sauce and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
For the Dish: Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil swirl to coat the sides. Add the sausage and bacon and stir-fry until they begin to brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add the lotus root, celery, Chinese okra and baby bok choy; stir-fry until the celery is tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
Pour in the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and cook until the lotus root is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch solution, and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Scoop onto a serving platter.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Steamed Whole Lobster With Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Shrimp Bouquets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Beef Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs A La... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Clam With Pork Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Seven-Flavour Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country-Style Sausage Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Bacon Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)