Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs A La Macau
- FOR THE DISH:
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 2 teaspoons satay sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 small chicken thighs - (abt 1 lb)
- Dill pickle sliced thinly
- lengthwise, for garnish
- Tomato wedges for garnish
Stir the white wine, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, paprika, satay sauce, chili flakes, sesame oil, salt, sugar and curry powder together in a medium bowl.
For the Dish: Add the chicken to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Prepare a charcoal fire or pre-heat a gas grill.
When the grill is ready, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on grill. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is reduced by 1/3. Remove from the heat, discard bay leaves and cover to keep warm.
Grill the chicken until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the thigh reaches 160 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
Spoon the sauce over the chicken, garnish with the pickles and tomatoes and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Spicy Eggplant 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Creamy Nonya Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Clam With Pork Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Seven-Flavour Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lettuce Soup With Poached Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Glazed Sichuan Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs... 0/5 (0 Votes)