Lamb - Moroccan Chili w Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely sliced
- 1 pound ground Lamb
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1-2 Tbls Harissa (Moroccan chile paste - make homemade)
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 28oz can Fire Roasted diced Tomatoes
- 15oz can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, pealed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- 1 cup fresh chopped Kale
- 2 tbls Lemon juice
- Greek Yogurt, for serving
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 55mins
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Saute the onion over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Push the onions to the sides of the pan and add the lamb. Cook the meat, breaking apart with your spatula, until nicely brown and cooked through, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, harissa (add more if you like spicy chili), cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 minute, or until the spices are fragrant. Carefully pour in the tomatoes and simmer, scrapping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan, until the liquid has reduced, 15 minutes.
Stir in the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and kale. Cover with the stock. Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice, and taste for seasoning.
Serve the chili with Greek yogurt and garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.
To make this in a slow cooker or crock pot, simply continue through step 2, omitting the sweet potatoes and kale. Cook on low for 8 hours. When ready to eat, stir in the sweet potatoes and kale and cook on high until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- See more at: http://feedmephoebe.com/2014/10/balanced-diet-moroccan-lamb-chili-sweet-potatoes-chickpeas-kale/#sthash.79opiXwX.dpuf
You'll also love
- Ellie Krieger's Creamy Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Basil and Artichoke... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pork and Mustard Greens Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear-Marinated Roast Leg of Lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Herb Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Corn Bread (Cooks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "Chorizo" Sweet Potato Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Egg Salad - Golden Lamb's 0/5 (0 Votes)