BACON-CHEESEBURGER POTATO PIE
- 1 1/2 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced, if desired
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and salt. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 15 minutes.
2 In medium saucepan, place water, butter and garlic salt. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat. Add milk. With fork, stir in potato flakes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
3 Remove partially baked beef crust from oven; pour off any drippings. Spoon potato mixture evenly into crust. Return to oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until beef is thoroughly cooked and thermometer placed in center of crust reads 160°F, and potatoes are hot.
4 Remove pie from oven. Top with tomato, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and crumbled bacon; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; top with green onions. Let stand 10 minutes before serving