Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour, unbleached
- 2 cups broccoli, cut up
- 2 cups chicken broth, no added salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp margarine
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Over medium-high heat, combine the broccoli, broth, 1/2 tsp rosemary, and garlic in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Place the broccoli mixture in a blender and process until it is smooth.
4. Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat and slowly add the flour then the milk while constantly stirring.
5. Add 1/4 tsp of rosemary.
6. Combine the broccoli mixture with the margarine, milk, flour mixture and stir over low heat until combined.
7. Add the salt.