One Wok Wonder Pork And Potatoes
- FOR THE DISH:
- 1/3 cup chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 dried hot chilies crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 pound russet potato peeled, and cut into 1/4" by 1/4" by 2" strips
- 1 medium carrot peeled, and cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions trimmed, and cut into 2" lengths
Stir the stock, soy sauce, white vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
For the Dish: Stir the cornstarch into the pork in a small bowl until well blended.
Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the garlic and chilies and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the pork and cook until the pork begins to crumble, about 2 minutes. Add the potato, carrot, green onions and seasonings. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the wok and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Scoop onto a warm serving platter and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Wok-Braised Lobster Tails In... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Geoduck Winter Melon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Double-Steamed Chicken With Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauerkraut, Mushroom, And Barley... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato-Mushroom Galette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stefado - (Beef And Onion Stew) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemongrass Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Pan-Fried Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)