Mu Shu Duck Wraps
- FOR THE DUCK WRAPS:
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted duck
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped carrot
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and caps chopped finely
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, white part only
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 Mandarin pancakes heated (or 8 small flour tortillas)
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
Stir the stock, sesame oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl until blended.
For the Duck Wraps: Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the duck, carrot, mushrooms, celery, green onions and water chestnuts and stir-fry until the carrot is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Pour in the seasoning, cook for 1 minute then add the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens; about 30 seconds.
Scoop onto a serving platter. Place the Mandarin pancakes and a small bowl of hoisin sauce alongside. To eat, spread a small amount of the hoisin sauce and about 3 tablespoons of the duck mixture on the pancake. Wrap like a burrito and eat out of hand.
This recipe yields 4 servings.