Crab and Corn Cakes with Lime Sour Cream
Recipe source: Fine Cooking | Aug/Sep 2015
Try smoked trout or cooked salmon in place of the crab for a tasty fish and corn cake.
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1-1/3 cups panko
- 3/4 cup corn kernels, preferably fresh
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Adapted from finecooking.com
1. Combine the crab, panko, corn, and 1-1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Gently stir in the eggs. With damp hands, tightly shape the mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick cakes and place them on a small cutting board or flat plate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toss the lettuce and cilantro together and arrange on four plates. Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lime into a small bowl. Stir in the sour cream, and thin with a little water to make a pourable sauce. Season to taste with salt.
3. Heat 2 Tbs. of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 crab cakes and cook, flipping once, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and crab cakes. Divide the crab cakes among the plates and serve with the sour cream.
You'll also love
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Semolina-Lemon Syrup Cake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken Bombs 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Fully Loaded Scalloped Potatoes 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheddar and Black Pepper Cornbread 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 4.6/5 (12 Votes)