Wheat Bran Muffins
Recipe source: Better Homes & Gardens Breakfast and Brunch | 2014
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups unprocessed wheat bran, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper bake cups and coat bake cups with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the boiling water, 1/2 cup of the wheat bran, and the butter, stirring until butter is melted.
3. In a bowl stir together the remaining 1 cup wheat bran, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a bowl combine dates, apple, egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir the bran-butter mixture and flour mixture into egg mixture.
4. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full. Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Set aside 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle, then remove muffins and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Refrigerator Bran Muffins 4.4/5 (9 Votes)