Chocolate French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 10 teaspoons soft margarine (contains no partially hydrogenated oil)
Adapted from hersheys.com
1 Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, if desired, in large bowl until smooth.
2 Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with margarine, if necessary.
3 Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with 1 teaspoon soft margarine per slice.
5 servings ( 2 bread slices plus 1/2 cup strawberries)
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving Size: 2 slices plus 1/2 cup strawberries;
Total Fat: 16g,
Saturated Fat: 2.5g,
Cholesterol: 115 mg,
Sodium: 540 mg,
Total Carbohydrate: 64g,
Dietary Fiber: 8g,